The M.S. degree requires completion of 30 credit hours minimum (major courses + research credit) as well as completion of a capstone project (research thesis). For seamless transition into our Ph.D. program at the 5th semester, the following requirements should be met.
- 12 credit hours completed in major area courses
- 6 credit hours in minor area courses
- Completion of general program course (C500 at 6 credits, C505 at 1 credit, and X800 seminar at 2 credits)
- Completion of additional research credits until minimum credit hours are met
- Completion of capstone project (thesis)
Please note that the thesis requirement can be waived with permission of the Bridge Program Coordinator should its completion be a hindrance to transition into the Ph.D. program.